RELIGION

I was brought up in a harmonious religious background or atleast made to believe religious consonance existed. 
I went to the mosque (certain mosques at our place allowed women too), 
I went to the temples and churches alike.
During March and April or around the time we had annual festivals in the temples near by. 
My father was invited to the festivals along with family. 
I had Muslim neighbours and Hindu neighbors. 
My spirit to participate in Hindu temple fiestas were equal to that of my participation in church carnivals or perhaps even more !
I held the 'Nilavilakku' (hindu temple lamp) infront of the temple 'festive banners'.
I am writing this because I see how certain people judge others for embracing impartial religious spirit.
If a Muslim man married a Hindu woman and embraces some Hindu elements in worship they are looked down upon by the Muslim community. 
I have a Hindu friend who married a Christian man from Karnataka. When he post pictures on Christmas, our entire 'friend family' would say "aww you only seem to celebrate Christmas these days!". 
Why can't we just believe he knows what he does!
Or, is it the fear we have in our minds that what if we lose him to the other religion !(thus a count less from our community? Does that matter?)
Anyway nobody dared to judge my religious spirit though.😜
Come judge me, you would definitely make yourself on my next FB post.😜

PS: This goes same for being a cosmopolitan too. If I post a picture of West Bengal people would be intrigued about "are you gonna move to Bengal!"
If my husband puts a picture of 'flower carpet', his friends would be like "you, moving to Kerala?" (What rubbish😂 LOL)

Comments

Popular Posts